I wanted to share my favourite and super easy methods to reduce your stress levels.
1. Radio Silence – Turn off those notifications and put your phone on silent. It is incredibly distracting and stress-inducing to see your phone buzzing and lighting up every five minutes. I find I even have to remove my phone from my line of vision, to stop myself from having a peek on what people are posting.
2. Guided Meditations – When I find I am most stressed, a guided meditation is a soothing way to remove all thoughts from your mind. YouTube has so many guided meditations available, so you can certainly find one suited to you. Below is one for you to try:
3. Exercise – It’s an obvious one, but doing regular exercise can aid a more positive mind. Find something that works for you and your schedule and make time for it each day.
4. De-Clutter – Remove visual stress from your immediate space. File away any letters or pieces of paper that don’t have to be at your desk/work space. Keep it minimalistic.
5. Drink Tea – Chamomile tea is renowned for its stress relieving properties and aids sleep deprivation. Green Tea is also a great way to relax as it helps combat anxiety and stress, but the natural caffeine prevents drowsiness. This is a good option if you are looking for something to consume during the day.
I hope you employ these methods into your day-to-day routine, when the pace of life gets a little bit too much.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of these photo’s, nor do I wish to pass them as my own.