Today I wanted to share with you my favourite Gingerbread Biscuit recipe in the hope that you’ll try it. The recipe is super easy and can be done in little time, and with little thought.
- 100g/4oz Butter or Margarine
- 100g/4oz dark soft brown sugar
- 225g/8oz Plain Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Treacle
- 1 Teaspoon each of Ginger, Mixed Spice & Cinnamon
- (Optional) Coloured Boiled Sweets
- (Optional) Icing Sugar
190C, 375F, Gas 5
- Cut and lay out parchment paper to the size of your baking tray.
- Cream together the butter or margarine with the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the syrup and treacle
- Add the spices
- Gradually add in the flour whilst combining the mixture until it forms a dough
- Lightly knead together the mixture on a floured surface- you may need to add a little extra flour here (depending on the consistency of the dough)
- Using a rolling pin roll out the dough until it is around 5mm thick
- Using cutters of your choice cut out the dough
- To make the stained glass window biscuits, place a boiled sweet in the center of the cut out cookies. This will then melt to fit the cut out. Do consider however, that you may need more than one boiled sweet depending on the size.
- Bake in a moderate oven for around 10 minutes or so – It’s completely up to you whether you want chewy biscuits or crunchy ones.
- Cool on a wire rack or just tuck in straight away!
- Tip: If you want to be more creative combine icing sugar and water to create patterns and shapes on the gingerbread.
Stay Super Sweet,